On Tuesday morning, thousands of American Latter-day Saints attended the Inauguration of America's 44th president, Barack Obama. Among the millions in Washington for the events, many Mormons shared the moment of Obama's new administration. Some prominent LDS in attendance:
- Senator Harry Reid, U.S. Senate Majority Leader (D-NV)
- Senator Robert Bennett (R-UT)
- Other LDS members of Congress, e.g. the Udall cousins (D-Nm, D-CO), Jason Chaffetz (R-UT), etc.
- Mayor Mufi Hannemann, mayor of Honolulu, Hawai'i
- David Archuleta, singer
- Dieter Uchtdorf, 2nd counselor in the LDS Church's First Presidency (not American citizen)
- Russell Ballard, member of the Church's Quorum of the 12 Apostles